teaching assistant in Biomedical science
Site: Doha, Qatar
Department: Biomedical science
Qatar University Profile:
Qatar University is the premier national institution of higher learning with a mission to produce well-rounded graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility. This is underpinned by committed leadership and an experienced and motivated faculty and staff.
The College of Health Science (CHS) was founded in 2016 after 30 years of success as a department within various colleges of Qatar University. CHS is the national provider of high-quality health science education and research in Qatar and offers undergraduate (BSc) programs in biomedical sciences, biomedical sciences, physiotherapy and public health, as well as degree programs superior; (MSc) in Biomedical Sciences, MS Genetic Counseling, Doctorate in Biomedical Sciences and Masters in Public Health (MPH).
The College of Health Sciences aspires to be an internationally recognized model of excellence with distinction in teaching, research and community service.
In line with Qatar Vision 2030, our mission is to produce competent graduate students duly prepared for careers in health science-related disciplines that will contribute to the delivery of optimal health care.
It is worth mentioning that as members of QU, CHS faculty members have excellent opportunities to obtain intramural and extramural funding for their research ideas. The Qatar National Research Fund (QNRF) is the primary source of research funding, with an individual project funding limit exceeding 1 million/project (5 million exceptional projects) as well as student research funding programs . As a national university and the largest in the country, Qatar University is the recipient of most QNRF awards, with many research-active faculty members eligible to win multiple grants.
The B.Sc. Biomedical Sciences falls under the Department of Biomedical Sciences. The program is seeking to recruit a qualified candidate for a faculty position in BMS at the teaching assistant level, beginning in August 2021. The candidate will be expected to assist faculty members in the program, particularly in courses that require tutorial sessions and student work. groups.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead tutorial and lab sessions and supervise student work groups in biomedical sciences such as human structure and function, human genetics, molecular biology, clinical chemistry, medical biochemistry and others
- Assist teachers in monitoring and grading students’ homework
- Assist instructors and students in obtaining academic resources/reference materials for courses
- Maintain office hours
- Participate in program marketing and awareness activities
- Participate in various other tasks related to the development and needs of the Program
- Strong background in biomedical sciences
- Classroom teaching and presentation skills
- Ability to communicate clearly with students on an individual or small group basis and to liaise with faculty members
- Flexibility in handling various academic and administrative tasks
- Master’s degree in biomedical/related sciences from an accredited university
- Teaching experience of at least two years
- Bilingual candidates are preferred (Arabic/English)
1. Current Curriculum Vitae.
2. Cover letter.
3. Philosophy of teaching, research and service.
4. The contact details of three referents (physical and e-mail addresses as well as their telephone numbers).
5. Copy of highest degree obtained (transcript of highest degree if graduated from an institution where course work was completed. However, if no course work was completed, a copy of the certificate letter from the registrar of your highest degree-awarding institution regarding your highest academic degree).
6. Any additional documentation that you consider relevant to your application.
1. A renewable three-year contract.
2. Salary is commensurate with experience.
3. Non-taxable salary.
4. Furnished accommodation in accordance with QU HR policies.
5. Annual return airfares for faculty members and dependents in accordance with QUHR policies.
6. Education allowance for applicant’s children (eligible applicants only) in accordance with QU HR policies.
7. Private health care and health insurance in accordance with QU HR policies.
8. Annual leave in accordance with QU HR policies.
9. Termination indemnity.