The Boosting Spaceflight Underrepresented Research Equality (B-Sure) project is in partnership with the Translational Research Institute for Space Health (TRISH) and is part of its goal to improve diversity in space health research. Everyone has a role to play in improving diversity in our community.
B-Sure is looking for mentors experienced in space biomedical research. Mentors will support this one-year program designed to increase the number of underrepresented researchers conducting space health research, engage with the broader space health community, and participate in one (or more!) of the following activities :
- Individual mentoring of B-SURE mentees (i.e. professors and postdocs) with similar research interests
- 3-day workshop with support from TRISH and NASA to educate mentees on space health priorities and grant mechanisms
- Grant Review Mockup Panels
- Social activities with mentees at conferences related to space health (e.g. ASGSR, HRP IWS)
To serve as a mentor, please complete this short request.
B-Sure has extended the deadline for those wishing to apply to become a mentee. Eligibility includes junior or seasoned faculty and postdoctoral fellows who wish to apply for space health research grants. Participants will commit to:
- Attend the Foundations of Funding Workshop October 17-19, 2022 in Orlando, Florida
- Individual mentorship by an established researcher within the space health community
- Funding to attend a national conference on space research
To apply, please complete this short request. The deadline is September 30, 2022.
If you have any questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org