XAVIER UNIVERSITY OF LOUISIANA: The new dean of the College of Arts and Sciences at Xavier University of Louisiana is Anderson Sunda-Meya, who has served as the college’s acting dean since July 2021.
LSU ENGINEERING: Steven Fletcher, a native of New Orleans, an engineering graduate student at LSU, is the recipient of the school’s Sean O’Keefe Leadership Award. Fletcher earned a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering and served as commandant of the LSU Corps of Cadets. The day before the award was announced, he was commissioned into the US Air Force. The $10,000 prize is to be used at the recipient’s discretion.
NUNEZ COMMUNITY COLLEGE: A two-day AutoCAD course will be offered from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on July 16 and 23 at Nunez Community College, 3710 Paris Road, Chalmette. For $300, students can learn to use an industry-standard computer-aided design program, the foundation of most design programs. To register for Nunez’s two-day AutoCAD course, go to nunez.edu/workforce/how-to-register and complete the application using CRN 30134. For more information, email email to Julie Rexford, Director of STEAM, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LSU OGDEN HONORED COLLEGE: Among the 2022 LSU graduates who participated in the Ogden Honors College are the following scholars from the New Orleans area:
Receiving the Top Division Honor: Kia Harris of Pearl River, Psychology; and from Slidell, Alejandra Maria Ham, biological engineering, and Connor Langevin, physics.
Receive college honors:
- André Bourque from Gretna, mathematics;
- Kaitlin Elizabeth Couvillion de Lacombe, microbiology;
- De Mandeville, Nicholas M Bertucci, architecture; Lauren Meyer, biological sciences; Rebecca Norton, political science and economics; Hannah Sharon Rice, music; Elizabeth Grace Stewart, finance; and Camille Wetekamm, mechanical engineering;
- Christopher P Vasquez de Metairie, IT;
- From New Orleans, Christopher L Hart, psychology; Peter A Howard, chemistry; Akua Lewis, English and Liberal Arts; and Jackson Vicknair, political science, English and history;
- Abigail Brier Randolph of Pearl River, biological sciences and psychology;
- De Slidell, Kaley Grace Pichon, music education; and Hannah M Sutton, psychology.
youNUNEZ COMMUNITY COLLEGE: Registration is open for the summer and fall semesters at Nunez Community College, 3710 Paris Road, Chalmette, and applications for institutional scholarships are accepted until July 15. Summer courses start on June 1 and fall courses on August 15. offer two abbreviated mini-sessions, which deliver full credit in half the time. For course details, visit nunez.edu/schedule.